We respect your privacy and take the protection of your personal data seriously. This Privacy Statement explains how OrbusNeich Medical Company Limited (“OrbusNeich“, “we“, “us“) collects and uses your personal data when operating our website and providing our services. We also give information about our efforts to protect your personal data and the rights and options you have over your personal data and the protection of your privacy.
This Privacy Statement will give you information about:
We advise you to read this Privacy Statement carefully and to consult it on a regular basis when you use our website and services.
Personal data is all information that identifies you directly or in combination with other information. We collect personal data when you send us an enquiry through our website. We may also collect other data when you use our website and services.
The data we collect include:
- contact details, such as your name, telephone number, email address, country/region and other personal data that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us or communicate with us, for example via the “Contact Us” form on our website.
- professional or employment information, such as information on your current and/or previous employer, job title, and information about education history or background that you voluntarily provide to us.
In many cases you can determine which data you provide to us. In some cases however we can only meet a request when we receive more data from you, e.g. your email address or telephone number in order to reach out to you in response to your enquiry. If so, we will inform you about this. Not providing these details may mean that we cannot process your question or request in part or at all or that you may not be able to use our services.
Our websites and services are generally not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under 18 without parental consent. If you become aware that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 18 without parental consent, please let us know so we can take appropriate action.
Why we process your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- communicating: we use your personal data to be able to communicate with you, for instance when you contact us via the “Contact Us” form on our website, or when you want to exercise your privacy rights. We have a legitimate business interest in communicating with you and in answering your questions and requests. Please note that if you do not provide your contact details, we may not be able to reply to your questions, respond to your request or review your job application.
- record keeping: we use your personal data to keep records and administration on how services were provided and how claims and complaints were handled. We have a legitimate business interest to use your personal data for managing our business.
- recruiting: when you decide to apply for a job via our website, we will use your personal data and other information you provided to review your job application and manage our recruitment process. We have a legitimate business interest in reviewing your application and managing our recruitment process.
- maintaining, analysing and improving our website: we analyse information about the way in which you use our website in order to improve the user experience for all visitors to our website. We have a legitimate business interest in analysing this information, for instance to be able to resolve problems with our website. Where required under local laws, we will obtain your consent for collecting this data.
- complying with legal obligations: we use your personal data where necessary and relevant to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject. This may include complying with orders or requests from public authorities or courts.
We handle your personal data carefully and confidentially. Your personal data are only available to OrbusNeich employees to the extent this is relevant and necessary to operate our website, provide our services or comply with our legal obligations.
We may share your personal data with the following third parties for managing our business or complying with our legal obligations:
- Group companies: we share your personal data with group companies to analyse and optimise our websites and services, reply to your queries and requests, comply with our legal obligations, and to ensure the security of our websites and services.
- Service providers: we share your personal data with our professional advisers and third party service providers, for instance service providers that help us with operating, securing, analysing and improving our websites and services, managing our business and administration, and providing our services.
- Successors or assigns: we share your personal data with our successors or assigns (whether actual or proposed) under an acquisition, sale or restructuring of the business and/or assets of any member of the OrbusNeich group, or any assignee of our rights;
- Public authorities, etc: we share your personal data with persons to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of law or a court order of any jurisdiction or to any public authorities to the extent this is relevant and necessary. For example, with supervisory authorities, courts and public bodies, to the extent this is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation or to contribute to the prosecution of criminal offences and fraud. We may also share personal data with any person, authorities or courts to protect our rights and property, or the rights and property of third parties.
The third parties which we share data with may be located outside the country/region where you reside or are a citizen, for example our group companies. By using our website or services or providing your personal data through them, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your personal data by these third parties who may be located in countries/regions that may have a lower legal protection level for personal data than applicable in your country/region. We will only provide your personal data to third parties that handle your personal data confidentially and provide appropriate protection in line with applicable data protection laws (e.g. for transfers out of the European Economic Area, by concluding standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries as approved by the European Commission).
If you have questions about the international transfer of your personal data or the appropriate safeguards that OrbusNeich has taken to protect your personal data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented physical, technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data. These measures are aimed at ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data, for instance by ensuring that only authorised employees have access to your personal data. We evaluate and update these measures on a regular basis. Please be aware that no information system can be 100% secure. This means that we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data.
We will retain your personal data no longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement. In some cases, we will need to retain your personal data for a longer period than necessary for the aforementioned purposes, for instance to fulfil our legal obligations or to bring, investigate or defend legal claims.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate or outdated.
If provided under applicable laws, you may ask us to:
- access your personal data;
- correct your personal data if such data is inaccurate or outdated;
- erase your personal data;
- restrict the processing of your personal data;
- port your personal data to another party;
- object to our use of your personal data;
- withdraw your consent, if the processing is based on your consent;
In certain situations, we may not be in a position to fully comply with your request. In that case we will inform you about this.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
We are committed to handling your queries and complaints the best we can. If you are of the opinion that we have been unable to help you with your complaint or question, you can file a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Cookies can be used in various ways, such as making our website work, to analyse traffic and secure our website. Some cookies are essential and necessary for our website to properly work. Other cookies are not essential but for instance used to analyse your use of our website.
We feature embedded links, buttons or widgets on our website to enable you to connect to third party sites. These third party sites may set cookies which can identify you as an individual when you are logged in to their services. We do not control these cookies or how these sites collect and handle your personal data. You should read the relevant third-party sites for their privacy policies before submitting any personal data to these sites. We have no control over and are not responsible or liable for the contents of third party sites or third party posts on our social media accounts.
We use the following cookies on our website:
- functional cookies: these cookies are necessary for our website to function and they must be enabled in order for you to use our website. Functional cookies are used to create technologically advanced, user-friendly websites that adapt automatically to your needs and preferences, so you can browse easily. This also includes enabling essential security and accessibility features;
- security enhancing cookies: these cookies are necessary to ensure the security of our website and avoid abusive use of its features;
- analytical cookies: These cookies measure and track how our website is used. We use this information to improve our website and services.
|Cookie||Purpose||Source (domain)||Expiration period|
|_ga||Functional cookies – to store and count page views||www.google.com||2 years|
|_ga_VN023HXY93||Functional cookies – to store and count page views||www.google.com||2 years|
|region_modal_shown||Functional cookies – to store which region information that the visitor would like to see.||www.orbusneich.com||Duration of the session|
|_GRECAPTCHA||Protection of the website against spam enquiries (security)||www.google.com||6 months|
|__cf_bm||Cloudflare bot management – to identify and mitigate automated traffic to protect site from bad bots||.fonts.net||30 minutes|
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org or the help section of your browser.
In the settings for browsers like Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can choose which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use:
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Safari
Some websites have ‘Do Not Track’ features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. We’re currently unable to support ‘Do Not Track’ browser settings.
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the way in which these third parties handle your personal data. We advise you to read the privacy statement of the third party when you visit its website in order to understand how this third party collects and uses your personal data.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or complaints about this Privacy and Cookie Statement or the way in which we use your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy and Cookie Statement. We therefore advise you to consult our website on a regular basis so that you are aware of any changes. We will take reasonable steps to inform you of changes that will have a substantial impact on your rights.
Please include a link to “Manage your cookies” page.